Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Monday, November 10, 2008

It's November, which means...


Leaves changing, temperatures are 70 degrees on day and 50 the next. The Fall show (Playboy of the Western World) opens and we attempt to decorate outside with a fall theme. And I have a pile of all the stuff I was going to work on all year for Christmas gifts still untouched. Of all the things I put off doing; this has to be the most consistent. I mean, other stuff gets done eventually; deadlines do arrive and somehow projects get done (see my happy She-Ra!) but some of those Christmas gifts have been in the pile for up to 5(?)-10(?!?) years! There's the seasons of the year placemats I started for L & A, animal themed stuff for J's animal rescue and lot's of newer projects that were a great idea but there was always something else. I was going to have a huge stockpile of crafts listed on Etsy by now. I was going to have two or three or more vintage style dresses hanging in my closet for me to wear to church or whenever by now. I was going to have new covers on my blue sofa pillows that matched the new green slipcover and maybe even covered the blue chair with green to match. By now. And... no. They're not even touched except to move 'em around in the stash closet. But November also means I still have a chance. It ain't over yet. Yes, there's Thanksgiving to deal with and schoolwork is behind because of the show and being sick but if I stop goofing around I can still get some of this done by Christmas. And then I can say I've been working on my procrastination issues. Because "See! Look how much I got done this year!"
Even if most of it was in November.

No comments: