Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Am I the only one...?

I spent a very long but satisfying day yesterday driving to and poking around a costume shop that my employer uses in order to find pieces for "Macbeth" so I can start figuring out what pieces I'll make. This morning I went into my fabric closet to pull some fabric and wound up pulling almost everything out to re-order, re-organize and purge. It's not the first time I've done it. I do this before almost every new project. It seems to clear my mind and set me on a new path although it's really a terrible waste of time. I know what's in there and where to find what I want. Why do I have this compulsion to make a huge mess only to have to clean it up before I can start the real work? Does anyone else do this? And what am I going to do now since my new system isn't holding as much and it still looks like the stash threw up all over my bedroom?

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You must have given that to me... Patrick asked one time if i did like a clean house, because every time it's clean I have to reorganize something. :)