Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Another Doofus failure.

This time it's not a Project DUFUS fail. It is a personal--as in 'I'm a doofus'-- fail. Despite knowing I joined a monthly doll quilt swap, agrreed to a second doll quilt swap, had a wedding gown to alter, had a major show to open, and knew I'd be working the box office for my theatre, I am chagrined to realize I missed my June deadlines. Neither doll quilt is complete yet. They're almost there and will be mailed by Tuesday, but I still am embarrassed that I didn't get 'em done in time.
AND the gown came back because the alteration was done incorrectly too. That has never happened to me. *sigh* I hate alterations.

"Hamlet" looks good and will close tonight to very good reviews. It isn't exactly the look I had in mind--- it never is, really~ I dream big--- but that had more to do with lack of money than time. Most of the cast is just wonderful-- I did have some issues with some of the younger actors who do not understand that just because we are not all professionals doesn't mean we don't behave in a professional manner. Some were downright rude and disrespectful to me and I won't miss them when we're done. These four, though, and a couple of others, (like my student-assistants Holly and Ashley and Mr.-Catholic-School Cole), I will miss and I hope we are all together again next summer.

              King Claudius/Ghost John, Queen Gertrude Michelle, Hamlet Logan & Polonius Brian
                                  Picture stolen from Michelle's Facebook-- thanks Michelle!

I'll have more pics soon. Right now I have to repair a couple of costumes for the last time. Then, to some binding...

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

You certainly had a ton on your plate in June... hopefully, you'll have some time to relax/refresh this month!

Great looking group in the photo...