Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Newest project

I figured that for me the most difficult aspect of writing a blog would be keeping up with it and I was right. It seems at 3:00 AM my mind is full of ideas, quips, and musings that seem like great fodder then and completely disappear from my brain when I actually try to write them down. I remember trying the notebook-by-the-bedside so I can scribble notes without even getting up but it seems that for as much as I'm thinking of writing, what I really want to do at 3:00 AM is just go back to sleep. I didn't sleep much when I was younger---4-6 hours a night at most. Now it seems it's all I want to do.

Unless I get hooked on a new project and hopefully I have-- (Oh, yes, She-Ra is fine and I'll be shipping her to her home this week. I'll take finished pictures if I can find the stupid card for the camera!) Two summers ago I helped out the local community college with their summer Shakespeare program and that led to costuming a couple of plays for them on my own. I loved it and thought it was going to be my gig for awhile but the previous costumer came in for the spring and summer shows and I was bored. And unemployed. I've been asked back though for the fall production of J.M. Synge's "Playboy of the Western World" and I'm excited again! It's a period piece, set in 1907 Ireland, so in between bouts of the gold and red I'm using to finish She-Ra, I'm looking for simple, peasant-y but not poor country style, late Victorian dress styles. This project is especially enticing because, unlike shows like "Bus Stop", which I enjoyed immensely, this show can't be costumed as much from a thrift store. I get to sew for this one! And research is an excellent excuse to putter around on the computer. And, of course, shop for fabric. Some of it will even be for the show! ;)

No comments: