Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Thursday, May 6, 2010

No time-

How do you know it's showtime around here? No blog posts! "Smoke on the Mountain-The Homecoming" opens tomorrow. It's a fun show with good music and funny bits. Not a real challenge costume-wise. It's set in the late 40's, very country-ish and the loft had plenty of clothes to choose from, plus the cast chipped in their own stuff so all I had to do was co-ordinate. I wouldn't have even spent a cent on this show except we opted to get a 3/4 wig for one of the girls. Super nice, talented cast-- this was a fun show to do.
Also getting underway--- this summer's Shakespeare in the Grove. Has it really been a year since "Macbeth"? Wow! This year's offering is "As You Like It" and, for reasons unknown to my understanding, the director is setting it around 1969. MadMen meets Hippies meets Brady Bunch-- oy vey! Although we've discussed where we (HE!) want(s) to go with the costumes, I have to submit more detailed designs tomorrow morning. Do you think I'm ready yet? 'Course not! Between schooling and child care and trying to fix up outside I have had no time to boost the Etsy store supply or sew for fun. I hope that changes next week-- my sister's wedding is in a couple of weeks and I wanted to make a dress to wear. (I wanted to lose weight too, but that didn't happen either.) So much still needs to be done outside but I really would like a day of rain so I can't work out there and can sew guilt-free!

No comments: