Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Friday, May 14, 2010

Working on Designs-


"As You Like It", Shakespeare in the Grove 2010, is officially underway with the introductions and script reading last night. I got my sketches done. They're never exactly what walks out on the stage but they're in the ball park. I have a terrific helper this year-- she is already working on one of the designs and she's raiding her own stash for fabrics! So cool! I have had people express interest in helping with costumes before but they usually fall through. This one looks like a keeper! (And it doesn't hurt that her son is in the cast... the helpers are a lot easier to find when that's the case.) The picture shows my dining table during the designing stage-- the script, lots of paper, pencils and erasers, a few copies of vintage pattern envelopes for go-bys, Prismacolor pencils and a really large glass(es) of iced tea. Golden.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Oh my, I would definitely love to do this sort of work! I think you are very lucky! I hope the helper does work out. It sounds like she'll be a good one.

Donna said...

Amazing Mickey! I had no idea that you drew out your own designs! Impressive!!