Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Saturday, July 10, 2010


It's funny-- the show is over but it's still here. All over my front hallway, sorted into piles for whites, colors, bleeders to wash separately, and a really huge Dryel pile. I did take the suits to the dry cleaners. The going is slow because the washer has developed a habit of not shutting off the water after it fills so my back room becomes a river if I don't catch it!. Fortunately, the water runs right out the back door. Unfortunately, this means I can't just put a load in and walk away to do something else. I've just about got the timing down so I'll know when to check on it. The dining room still has all the VBS supplies-- they're still out because I have to figure out what I'm going to use for camp. I'm planning for 50 but I never know 'til I get there just how many kids there will be. The 'youngers' and I re-organized their room and I cleaned up the cave. I've mentioned before how I can't seem to start working on sewing projects after a big show until I've messed around with the organization. I just have to do something new to it. This time I moved around some oil painting supplies and found new drawer space for buttons. I started on some new pincushions for the shop and cut out some new smocks. I closed the opening in a bunch of stuffed fleece ornaments I started in, oh, February?! I did manage to get a small, store-bought blanket embroidered for my grandson that my daughter had brought up a couple of months ago. That just might be a record for me! There was one hiccup in the second "K" when the thread ran out; I'll just fix it by hand.
The sad part is--- even with all the cleaning and moving and sorting and putting away I've done in the cave, I still haven't found the remote control that disappeared a couple of weeks ago. There's the buzzer. Time for another load.

No comments: