Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

"I Spy" bags?

I have heard of I Spy quilts, ( made a half-baked I Spy quilt top last week for a shower gift) but yesterday I found I Spy bags for the first time. It's a really cool idea and goodness knows I have more than enough stored crafting supplies around here to make a few. I even have the poly pellets from my porcelain doll making days. I wonder about the safety though. I fear fabric or stitches ripping and little pieces getting into little mouths to choke on. Fleece is more difficult to tear--would it help to line the outer fabric with some? I'd love to hear from anyone who makes these and what successes and fails you've encountered.

In the 'not-sewing-but-I'm-proud-of-him' category: Number-1-Chef-Son made a chiffon cake with Swiss buttercream icing and fondant for the aforementioned shower. His first! And it was yummy!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Debby, I've heard of I SPY quilts but don't remember the details. I LOVE fleece for kiddos. I'm making sleep bags for a bunch of grandkids, neices and nephew.

BTW, I would love that recipe. Amazingly, years later I discovered that what I disliked so much was CORNBREAD stuffing. Bread based stuffing is awesome. In fact, I had a friend, whose husband made the best stuffing ever, with meat and nuts in it. He loved to cook regularly from Bon' Appetit' magazine. That's when I discovered that not ALL stuffing was bad, just congealed cornbread types. I know some people like it, but for me the texture was pretty grainy and mushy and jelly-like. Fluffy bread stuffing with the right spices is delicious. My family loves it!

Thanks,
Donna

suzitee said...

Wow, that cake looks awesome! Can't say that I've made an I Spy quilt, but the bag sounds intriguing :)
Have a great day xxx