Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Gotta love homeschooling...

One of those mornings I enjoy-- while other moms are rushing to get kids on the bus, I'm watching one son give a guitar tuning lesson to his youngers while his cannoli shells are bubbling in oil. Love it. (Unfortunately, camera batteries are dead. No pic. :( )

Our church's Christmas program is coming up this weekend, which accounts for little time to sew, craft, clean house, do laundry, eat--the usual. I love being the producer/co-director of our shows but it does eat the time up! So many people work full time now, it's difficult to find anyone able to help build sets and scenery. Not my strong points. Fortunately, the guys who know what they're doing were able to build proper supports. The art/finishing work---well, let's just say it's a good thing we're doing comedy. Wonky sets fit wonky scripts!

And this is a real life-interruptor: Sitting at a red light with Philip and discussing a library book when WHAM! A Chevy Trail Blazer met the back end of my little "Pumpkin"; a Kia Rio. No injuries but lost my car for two weeks. Boo!


Working on a bunch of needle cases for the Etsy shop (probably too late for stocking stuffers but I'll list 'em anyway later today) and a few gifts (no peeking Kal-El!)

2 comments:

suzitee said...

So sorry about your car Mickey...yikes! Not a nice start to the Christmas season :)
The home-schooling start to the morning sounds much nicer than mine!

Donna said...

My goodness Mickey--what a day! That's awful that your car got hit. What a headache!

You are right about the homeschooling though. Isn't it grand? My fourth son, 18, is helping my 16 yr.old with his Algebra, while the 20 yr.old is helping me prepare for company. Time is a gift we homeschool mothers so appreciate. It's our reward for all of our hard labors. :o)