Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

It's a girl!....umm...no.

 Busy-ness continues around here as we had Easter company, a massive yard sale and spring fixin' o' the yard (which is barely touched). The costume cleaning for the spring show is almost done... well, sorta done...I started...---oh, all right, I'll finish cleaning costumes today. Worst. Part. Of costuming. Ever.
 You may recall that I usually kill time backstage by making hexies for my (someday) hexie quilt. The last two shows this time I tried something new. I posted last month about a sweet baby boy that arrived amid a sea of pink ribbons and flowers because his mommy was told he would be a girl. Surprise! Well, I had also started a pink-ish quilt for the little one and had to re-think my project for little-now-named-Turner.  I did a simple 4-patch and some HST and used one empty space to embroider his name. I wasn't sure what to do with the other plain patch when I saw a cute teddy bear and thought of redwork. Redwork is on my list of things to do before I die so I dug out a hoop, some perle cotton and got busy. The teddy was done very quickly; maybe an hour and a half total over three sessions. Here's the complete top~ Turner may just get his quilt before pre-school!

And posting just because I can... we visited the Virginia Zoo when everyone was here for Easter. I so love having all my children together!

4/9/2012


No comments: