Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Sunday, April 29, 2012

"M, would you be able to..."

...fill in the blank. It seems last week that was a popular question! While I helped with a bunch of stuff that popped up (including a job interview), the most significant was being the Dorm Mom for a camp weekend. It wasn't actually a whole weekend though. Our church helps support a Christian camp here in VA and my kids have been going since numbers 1 & 2 were young. I work one week during the summer and last year Philip became a Junior Counselor (JC) for the first time. In order to be a JC though, the kids must attend JC boot camp to learn what to do and be evaluated. I went to the boot camp last year to help out as dorm mom. It's really just an overnight-- Friday evening and all day Saturday. No biggie. But this year I got asked to be dorm mom again--- on Thursday. I didn't have plans but it pretty much killed any sewing on Friday and Saturday. I also came home from camp feeling lousy; I may have a cold coming on. No sewing tomorrow, either--- we're off to visit the grands!
  I was working on a DUFUS last week~ I have a bunch of scraps of Kona and Wendover solids left over from last year's Bottled Rainbows and Joseph's Technicolor Dreamcoat. I saw a scrap quilt on the cover of a magazine that looked like the fabric equivalent of a crocheted granny square. So my brain, and then my rotary cutter, started cutting a lot of 2 1/2" squares. A lot of squares. Stay tuned in. I'm really liking what's happening.
 Speaking of Bottled Rainbows, I pulled it out of the drawer that stores quilt tops waiting to be quilted and auditioned it with the Bear Tracks to see which would be the first I send off to be quilted. Bear Tracks #2 (the flannel one) won. I hope to send it off soon. In the meantime, I left BR out to be quilted by me. I hope to get to it this week. If there's nothing happening at camp...

No comments: