Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Thursday, June 7, 2012

You know it's showtime when...

... the posts are few and far between. While I have been tiptoeing into the steampunk world for "Hamlet"  other stuff happened. A friend needed a costume for a special festival that happens here in Norfolk. And 'my' theatre was getting ready to open the last musical of the season. I am not the costumer but I did get a call because the actual costumer was waaaay behind and they needed help. Help? My goodness, she hadn't made the most crucial pieces the actors needed and should have had to rehearse with from the very beginning of rehearsals! I shouldn't have jumped in because I'm behind for Shakespeare now, but, oh well. It'll get done.
 I also joined this wonderful group, Doll Quilter's Monthly, and have started exchanging doll-sized quilts with other members. My first quilt was for May, with the theme 'May flowers'.  I sent my partner this:
                                                 (Vivian's picture I "borrowed" from DQM)

and received this beauty from Viv:



 I'm excited to see what comes in June for the theme 'something old, something new, ...borrowed ...blue'! I hope my partner likes hers~ it's almost done! Pics later, after delivery!

 I'm doing another doll quilt exchange with the SewingMamas, too. I'll share that one after delivery, too!
 I also participated in a purse exchange with the SewingMamas.  This is the one I sent:


 I'm not crazy about the quality of my sewing on the interior. I've decided to stick to totes and simple bags. I'm not a happy purse maker. I LOVE the purse I received~ I have to get the camera back from B to take pictures.

 There's a lot of  "I"s in this post. So, hows' you doin'?

No comments: