Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

All work and no play~

Shakespeare is in full swing so I have no time for 'play sewing' (aka the stuff I want to make). I was able to get a bunch o'stuff at the costume rental place but there's lots of little pieces (skirts, vests) and such that need to be done and trimmed out in the steampunk style. But before I dove in, I pulled some DUFUS fabric from the stash. I have a collection of 'patriotic Americana' type fabrics and most are at least ten years old. Some are a good deal older. What to do with them, though? Well, after dog-earing my new magazine, these three fabrics made the first cut and one block from the new Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks was chosen.
Can you guess which one I made?
I'll share it later~


I have two doll quilts due for June--one is at the hand sewing stage and the other is almost there. I hope to use backstage time to finish 'em up (the show opens June 27) but I might not have sit-and-sew time for this show. It's a busy one with many actors playing multiple roles and that means lots of changes!

No comments: