Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Hey! I actually finished something~

   Don't faint~~ it's not a costume job either. I have to finish those or actors are naked. No, I did some re-arranging and re-ordering and when I looked at my nice, clean area, I had to sit and sew something. So, on the top of the pile were these panels from a pattern I tested last spring:
 
 
 

   I had added the borders on a whim a few months ago and last week I found a curtain panel in a thrift shop that exactly matched my sofa slip cover that I thought would make a good back for them.
 I used the finished edges of the curtain (coughbecauseI'mlazycough) to save time and made an envelope style back. Some may say that they are passe' for now because Christmas is over but I say "nope".  Since Mother Nature just dropped 10" of snow on my house, which usually gets less than a few per winter, I say snowmen can stay on the sofa as long as they want. Well, they can stay out. They don't stay on the sofa, exactly, because as soon as I place them in the corners, AbbyBeagle comes along and flips them off. Apparently she can't get her hiney into the corners as she likes when they're there. She'll have to get over it. I like my snowmen!


                                                       












No comments: