Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Costumes for "Leaving Iowa" are past the halfway point. I'd say we're down to mostly adjustments and picky pieces. After this week's break the director will ask me "How we doing? Good? Really good? Great?" and I'll be able to say "Super good!" And he will be happy.
Did a muslin fitting for my bride and was almost spot-on. Few adjustments. Yay! She loves the silhouette. She chose ivory satin and chiffon but for the little bit of lace that will show she chose white--- I think it will look lovely peeking out from under the chiffon. I'll show the dress when Mrs.-to-be says it's okay!
Auditions began last night for "Into the Woods"; the show I was supposed to costume two years ago, we lost the rights and now have them back. It's been a long wait and it seems weird that it's finally time to get my stuff out of storage and see it alive onstage again. Will know by Monday who I'll be dressing this time. Very happy!
Auditions coming up Saturday for Summer Shakespeare-- Gah!! Really? Where does time go? "The Taming of the Shrew" is this year's offering. I'm ready to design; I just have to wait to find out if he's doing this "Shakespearean" or if he's going to set it in another era. He switches around. Hope he decides soon; my colored pencils are itching to get out of the box!
And in the midst of all this; I really want to join in the Bottle Rainbows project.
I've collected and sorted my scraps, bought the colors of Kona I'll use and we're off! I'm not going to go week to week--- with the shows I can't assume I'll have time--- so I've started on three blocks. I finished 'turquoise' and 'lime' and started on 'grass'. Some things I learned from the first efforts: don't make pieces too small or odd-shaped and don't try to place 'em all at once and then sew--sew a few at a time! Here are the first 2 of 16!
Lime (lousy photo)