Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Saturday, June 18, 2011

FNSI Accomplishments-


Okay, so the plan really was to work on costumes. I went up to the cave to get my shoes so I could go out to the car to get the pieces I needed to work on. I kept them in the car because some are rentals and they're quite stinky. Then I saw some piles of fabric I had pulled earlier this week for a few after-the-show summer projects and, well, I never made it out to the car. I grabbed rulers, templates and rotary cutter and got busy. When I was done I had turned one pile into tumblers, another into 5 1/2" squares and a third into circles for yo-yos. (Arrow Sewing Cabinets is having a contest--check it out on Facebook!)




<--This became this-->









<--This became this-->









<--This became this-->










And just because I had already blown getting any costume work done, I threw in one of these:

Bottled Rainbows. Petal.


Then I drank some iced coffee, took Tylenol PM and went to bed. I dreamt my actors were onstage wrapped in quilts and one was naked but for a few yo-yos placed in strategic locations. Go figure.

I'm looking forward to Monday when I'll have a little time to browse what everyone did last night! Right now I must go de-stinkify and trim some dresses and hem a few pants.
Have fun y'all!

































































































































































1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... you got a lot of stuff cut out there! Bummer about the stinky costumes but I think actors should wear quilts!