Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's NOT a resolution, okay?

I don't make New Year's resolutions but I have decided to set a goal for myself this year. I casually mentioned to #1 that I hoped to give everyone a quilt for Christmas in 2012. It made me think about all the quilts I had set aside fabrics for, bought fabrics for and all the magazines and patterns I've collected to do it. Then I looked at the fabric that was bought for a specific garment that was never made and all the plans I had to sell on Etsy and Ebay. It has gotten out of hand. I haven't done a quarter of what I hoped to. So, this year I will not buy fabric unless I need it to finish a project. I will not buy patterns unless I really need it for a show. I will continue to buy Fons & Porter's magazine because it is my crack. So far, the only fabric I bought this month was for a show and it was killing me because I kept seeing so many cute things... anyway, I hope to chronicle my year of clean-out sewing here. If you read me at all you know how good I am at keeping my blog promises. That is; I'm not. But I'll try. Here's some of what I'm dealing with:
And:
And that's only part of it. I've already started some. After a quick clean up of all the felt from Kal-El's felt food Christmas present I reached into the bin of pre-cuts I've been hoarding--- I mean collecting--- and pulled out a jelly roll. First project begun. I'll report back later. Happy New Year, y'all~

No comments: