Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Thursday, September 27, 2012

It's a quilted first for me~

 Back in March I was a pattern tester for Cindy (Quilt Doodle Doodles) and I made two versions of her sweet "Bear Tracks" pattern, one in flannel and one in Civil War cottons. They were my largest tops to that date and I really didn't want to deal with the quilting so I saved my pennies to pay a longarm quilter. There are so many wonderful quilters out there! I chose Mary at Quilt Hollow to quilt the flannel . Something about her work just pulled me in and I'm so happy it did! Her communication is awesome and turnaround and price were just great! Because of the straight lines and 'blockiness' of Bear Tracks, I asked for an allover swirl to soften the look a bit. I am just so pleased with how it came out!
Now I'm looking forward to some pleasant fall evenings on the porch to sew on the binding.
I've already started saving for the next one!

These pictures were taken by Mary before she sent it back to me:


Now I know what I want to do when I grow up...

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh how beautiful! Perfect quilting design for this quilt! Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy!