Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Saturday, February 2, 2013

...and they're off!

  Yesterday was February first, the official start day of Drop and Give Me Twenty 2013. I made my 30 minute quota easily since I had to finish a few blocks for an online block swap. The pattern required was "Card Tricks" and they might be the most challenging block I've ever done. It's not particularly hard to put together-- it's all straight sewing-- but I had a dickens of a time with 'flipping' triangles. At least once each block I sewed one of those suckers to the wrong side even though I had them all laid out in their proper place! You'd think after the first couple I'd have an assembly line-style, foolproof method to keep 'em straight but I still managed to do some ripping each block. Ah, well, we'll just call them "patience practice".  I had to make 4 blocks, each with it's own colorway for each of two partners, so 8 blocks total.  Here's one of the two identical groups:
 
February 2, 2013
Although this one isn't due until the middle of the month, I wanted to clear my swappin' schedule so I can focus on UFOs and a pattern test I'm helping with. I made my first "Crazy Patch" from a large stash of satins, silks and velvets I've been hoarding for just this kind of quilt. This one goes to a swap partner. I made one for myself to keep, but a little smaller.

 
How are doing with your goals?

6 comments:

Lisa Lisa said...

Good job on your blocks! Love all of them :) Are you going to keep adding to your crazy patch and make a quilt? I have two very old crazy patch quilts, and they're pretty amazing.

Kate said...

Wow, I love your card trick blocks.

Lorna said...

Love those card trick blocks! It is so fun to see what everyone is working on.

Chatterbox Quilts said...

Card trick blocks are looking good! I know what you mean about those triangles - I tend to get things upside down and backwards at times too :) Lucky that we can always un-stitch and start again.

Denise :) said...

I love the card trick blocks ... it's a style block on my 'to-do' list! Your crazy quilt block is wonderful! I've just started an online Basic Crazy Quilting class ... it's such fun! I didn't realize how much work goes into planning and creating one of these, but I'm loving it! :)

Elaine said...

Love the crazy patch!