Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Monday, February 11, 2013

Five, Six ~ Pick Up Sticks... and Picks... and Socks

DaGMT Progress
                                                                   Tuesday, Day 5
 In a previous post I briefly mentioned that Jacie is working on re-arranging and painting her bedroom. As we make our way around the room, which I thought I had thoroughly swept and de-cluttered before moving anything, I have been amazed at how many drumsticks, guitar picks and socks have appeared. I'm constantly finding picks in the dryer, too, so it just makes me wonder: just what have these kids been using on their instruments--and feet!-- all this time? Maybe they are like hangers, where you get a couple in a dark, dusty corner and voooom! Inanimate object reproduction! But I did sneak in work on my quilt group/test blocks. I wanted to make sure I knew what I was doing before I started on anyone else's.
 Oh, please meet Wallie, my new design wall. It took a little re-arranging of the space but he's made and hanging. He is one third of DH's Christmas present to me. The second third is a new cutting surface that is still in progress. The last third is his letting me do this to our bedroom. I made Wallie from a pre-stretched canvas from A.C. Moore (on sale + 10.00 coupon= about 13.00 bucks) and about 2 yards of flannel, on sale at JoAnn's for 2.50 py. I had the hooks lying around. Times like these are why it's good to be a pack rat.

 
 
W/T/F,  Day 6, 7 and 8
 
More vomituous progress on the scrap vomit as I assembled a bunch of block centers and made more strips. I had been doing this block by block but I am anxious to get this monster together so I'm trying to speed it up using an assembly line system. Sewed a bunch one day,  pressed 'em the next, sewed some more. (Did you ever notice that, after Tuesday, even the calendar says "WTF"?)
 
 
Saturday,  Day 9
 Cutting day~~ cut lots of triangles and strips for the group project. It's a thrift store work day as I start in earnest to costume the spring show. And I made manicotti. I. Cooked. Something.

                                                                    Sunday, Day 10
 Sewing day off.  The kids had 'hang out with friends time' after church, and DH didn't have any collateral duties, so he and I had a nice lunch at a favorite bagel shop and hit some more thrift stores until it was time to pick up the kids. Lovely day with my church family and my love!


 
 
 
 
 

No comments: