Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Thursday, March 1, 2012

DaGMT Day 29~ The End.

I might've planned to spend every minute of February 29 sewing but there was this 'real life' stuff that got in the way. I had some morning sewing time but then there was this leftover chicken that was begging to be made into soup and a costume meeting and some house maintenance. But I did get a small top together from some leftover "Hoo's In The Forest" jelly roll strips.

 So the quadannual Day of Leap  brought to an end the Drop and Give Me Twenty challenge that was suggested/sponsored/dreamed up by Beth over at Quilting Hottie Haven. I jumped on board and had an interesting month. The first thing that I realized yesterday morning as I pulled out the 2 1/2'' strips was "Hey! I actually did this thing!".  I don't think I ever finished any kind of web challenge that lasted more than the time a simple project might take. Yes, there were a couple of sick days in the beginning, but, you know, the overall goal was achieved. One major factor in 'my' success was B. If he wasn't here being my cheerleader and washing dishes, I might've blown off a few days to housework or, you know, preparing food. It was sweet to hear "Good morning! What are you sewing today?" everyday. Glory, how I love this man. The Stash Game over at SewingMamas.com helped too. While I will in no way win any prizes for my point total I did manage to use only what I had already and I didn't add any fabric to my already bulging fabric storage. In fact, I cleaned out a bunch to sell or donate, after I offer it to DD #1, who is becoming quite a thrifty seamstress herself. If nothing else, DaGMT has taught me I can be productive and I don't have to wait for the schedule to give me precious sewing time. Even twenty minutes a day can be done if I want to badly enough. Jacie made this for me a couple of years ago~ it means even more now:

The total Stash Game/ DaGMT
(not all apply to both)
Two completed baby quilts
One doll quilt
Eight pillowcases
Two pair of PJ pants
Three summer baby outfits
Four kits for Days for Girls
A bunch of yo-yos
Two window toppers
A small quilt top
(and some costuming stuff)

1 comment:

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

What a sweet little quilt! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I was going to reply to your comment but you are a no-reply.