Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Remember these? They're "Kickin' Stash"...

If you've been reading my musings for awhile (and if you have, why not say hi?) you may remember these and my ranting about them here:
and here:



These blocks --and many more from mucho more talented sewists-- went to a project which has now been named "Kickin' Stash" and is the brainchild of the funny and talented Beth Helfter of Eva Paige Quilt Designs. Beth has taken the sample blocks and worked up a pattern to make a fun and thrifty quilt which is sure to appeal to scrap-savers and stash-busters. There's even going to be a 'blog event' to kickoff "Kickin' Stash" a little later this month. I feel cool.

I'm not cool, mind you. I just feel cool.

Beth IS cool. She created the cover quilt on the new issue of Quilter's World:

I feel like I know a celebrity, which is silly because we've never actually met, even though we're from the same home state, which I don't live in anymore.  But I am happy to BEE a part of this creative lady's process and who knows~~ maybe 'Kickin' Stash' will make it to a cover someday!



1 comment:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I feel the same way! lol It was fun to be a part of that, I love the block and it uses such small scraps! :o) Yours turned out great..love the plaid and the BEES, oh my, the bees are so cute!! xo