Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Monday, April 4, 2011

One show down-



"Leaving Iowa" is officially over; except for the laundering and storage, and "Into the Wodds" is in full production mode. Actually, we'll be taking some publicity photos tomorrow so I have had to get selected characters done up quickly. I thought I was in very good shape since I had done the show and was planning on re-using a lot of my stock but, of course, I'm going to be remaking quite a bit. Cinderella, Jack, Jack's mother, two princes, Cinderella's father, the mysterious man--- all new. Everyone else has either new pieces or a refurbishment. I have to go hunting some shoes today for the Baker, Jack and Little Red but I found a cool skirt and blouse for Jack's mom at a thrift yesterday---score! Saves me some sewing time! I'm having a ball but I made the mistake of buying two new quilting magazines to read while waiting in the dressing room of 'Iowa' (I had lots of time between being needed for costume changes and I can only watch the show so many times!). I found at least two new projects I want to get into and my beloved Bottled Rainbows are still calling to me--there's just not enough time in the day! ITW's amazing director pulled in some help for me for wigs and make up; I feel very blessed to have extra hands for this!

2 comments:

Donna said...

Mickey..I swear we must be cousins! I'm the same way about finding new projects. You should know by now not to pick up a magazine or a how to book. LoL!

How fun! I'm working on a new banner. I don't know if you noticed the post just before today's on shopping for quality upholstery fabric. I'm commissioned to make an elegant Welcome banner for a church, but the kink is that it had to coordinate with the two banners already in the sanctuary. What a headache! I shopped for 12 hours before finding something that was good enough quality and the right color and pattern. Sigh.. But the designing and sewing part will be so fun. :o)

Sounds like you are having lots of fun. :o)

xo
Donna

Donna said...

PS. I saw your comment about the house being a wreck and had to laugh. :o)

I was a good girl, myself...started dinner in the crock pot, did two loads of laundry, and swept and vacuumed. I just feel so depressed if I sew and know I haven't at least got that much done. But of course, when you are really on a roll..who cares?! Not me. :o)