Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Busy February!


I cannot remember ever being so eager for February, except for the year Jacie was born. (She was due the 20th, arrived by induction/emergency C-section on the 19th.) That will always be the best February. But this year-man! I may have to chain myself to the machine!
 One site I frequent is a blog for Moms who sew called---wait for it--- "Sewing Mamas". The Mamas are a great group of gals who share, commiserate, uplift and laugh together through all stages of mamahood. This month they are hosting a Stash Game to encourge the use of your own inventory. There is a point system (which hurts my head!) and weekly prizes. It's always fun to see what everyone sews and I'm going to give it a try! The Mamas are also starting a brief sew along--- no, not a quick, won't-take-long sew along--- a brief sew along. You know~ underwear! Drawers, panties, foundation garments, whatever you call 'em, we're going to make 'em. Should be interesting. I will tell you how that works out but there will be no modeling pics. I don't want to scare y'all away...
Also, I signed up to participate in a doll quilt swap at Sewing Mamas. I did one last year and it was fun. Undies and a doll quilt won't use up too much stash for the Stash Game though so I plan to do some spring clothes for me and the grands, some button up shirts for J & P and a serious start on quilt tops for Christmas. I even want to tackle some Christmas stuff for the Etsy shop.
With all this stash game sewing it should be easy to keep up with my 20-minutes a day pledge!

Those blocks up there? Well, those, and quite a few more similar to them, are what we're calling Project DUFUS 03/2012. I first wrote about them here: http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=3883932318475038080#editor/target=post;postID=1498359772180820821
I made so many of those blocks, trying to get them just right, until I finally had the four I sent off to the project. ( I'm not going to show those because they are for Beth.) My pile of  'rejects' will no doubt find there way into other projects but, in the midst of my frustration, I realized that I am not a perfectionist unless someone else is involved. To this point my quilting has been "close enough; I like it". These blocks, though, weren't for me. I was making them for someone else and I wanted them to be perfect. Is there perfect in quilting? Should there be?

No comments: