Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Sunday, February 12, 2012

D'oh! DaGMT 7-11

I should have realized the most difficult part of committing twenty (or more) minutes a day to sewing wouldn't be the sewing; it's the blogging! I am one of the few people in my demographic, I think, that can go for days without the computer. Some days I am seriously too busy to deal with the thing. Like days 7-11 of February. I'll admit to checking the mail once or twice but no real 'playing'. What did I do instead? The recap:
Feb 7~ Realizing I had put off a task I really didn't want to do long enough I spent Tuesday--all of it from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm-- re-organizing and inputing data to a spreadsheet for the new job I have at the theatre I volunteer for. That's right-volunteer. As in 'Heck, no, I didn't get paid for those hours, the backache and eye strain'. And I'm not done. Crap. Add that evening's board meeting and no quilting was done that day. :(
Feb 8~ Housework. Schooling. And some nice handwork time as I made and sewed the binding to the doll quilt. Still trying to decide how to quilt the open hex areas.
Feb 9~ Sandwiched & pinned two baby quilts; got one machine quilted, made binding and sewed it on.
Feb 10~ Hand-sewed the back of the binding to finish Lillia Rileys quilt. :)
Feb 11~ I spent the morning switching the chest of drawers I use for patterns to a new one that offers a little more storage. Purged A TON of patterns. Had double duty at the theatre as house manager for 2 performances so that put me out of the house for the rest of the day but I still count it as a good day because I got to organize the next week's ( I hope) projects.
So there's my trip to 7-11 and it didn't involve even one Slurpee. That in itself is success.


Doll Swap~ what to do with the blank areas?

                                                    
                                                              For Lillia Riley~

...and we're going to count Lillia's quilt as Project DUFUS 04/2012 since all of it came out of stash! WooHoo!

No comments: