Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us; And confirm for us the work of our hands; Yes, confirm the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

Sunday, February 5, 2012

DaGMT days 4 & 5

Saturday (Day 4 of the Drop and Give Me Twenty Pledge) started with a massive dose of DayQuil to get me through callbacks for a show I auditioned for. I should mention that this was my first callback in a few years and I was thrilled to get that far. I got wonderful feedback and comments but no part. I really wasn't expecting to; the oldest character might be pushing 30-35 and I am... well... a grandma to two! I may get to help with the costume construction, though, and that makes me happy!
On the not happy side~~ friends, I came home and collapsed. I felt so horrible. I took to sofa, at some point I dragged myself to the theatre to make sure all the costumes were in one piece and came home and fell to bed. Not a quilting-pickin' minute spent.

Maybe since I spent over two hours on Day 1 I can average it out a little bit?

Day 5  opened with coughing and a headache so I decided to do nothing but stay in bed and whip this cold once and for all. By noon I was up and spent about 45 minutes planning a different quilt for the doll swap (yeah, the little hexies are all wrong for my swap partner!) and cut up a charm pack and some yardage into 2 1/2" squares for the new design. I popped over to the theatre for the matinee, grabbed some mending and some Hardees for dinner. I feel a little better~~ I may sew a litlle while the Superbowl drones in the background.

It's been so odd~ DH left early with P & J for church and they went right to help a friend move after church. Corey came home for a bit but for the most part I have been alone all day. Weird. Quiet. A little lonely.

No comments: